November 13, 2010

Buddy Fruits

This (as it says on the package) pure blended fruit to go is quite different. It tastes kind of like a fruit roll up, but the consistency is more like jam. I ran into Walmart intending to grab a piece of fruit for breakfast. This was sitting in one of those little display boxes in the produce area with a big sign saying 88cents. It intrigued me. Upon a closer look I saw that it was 100% real fruit, all natural, and no added sugar. I picked up the Apple & Strawberry flavor and flipped it over and saw the only ingredients in this little pouch are apple, strawberry, black current juice, apple juice concentrate. I was shocked no chemicals in this crazy little pouch. The nutrition wasn't really much different than a piece of fruit. I decided I would give this little pouch a shot. Over all I wouldn't buy these regularly. They were good but I get more satisfaction from eating an actual piece of fruit. I will probably buy these and keep them on hand regardless. The expiration date is a good 9 months out so they will be handy to keep in the cabinet. They will be the perfect snack to throw in my backpack when I go for a hike for a hike, or to carry in my purse on a day I think I might need a snack. I may even keep one in my gym bag.Serving Size: 1 Pouch
Calories: 60 grams
Fat: 0 grams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Sodium: 10 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sugar: 14 grams
Protein: 0 grams
Points: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment